Vietnam Veterans of America  

The VVA Veteran® Online  
  homepipeAboutpipeArchivepipeSubscribepipeContactpipevva.orgVVA gifFacebookContact    

-
January/February 2021 -   -  

Letters

HALF EMPTY

Recently I received The VVA Veteran Digest. What a disappointment; the justifications are weak. I looked forward to the bimonthly magazine. I enjoyed the historical battles and Locator.

I am the local chapter president. We talked about it at our recent meeting and our members felt the same. At our age, most of our members don’t go online or have access to a computer.

I hope that you can go back to the printed version.

Charlie Morton
Sterling, Michigan

HALF FULL

I am a 70-year-old VVA member who unfortunately is incarcerated in California. I wish to thank you for publishing the recent VVA Veteran Digest.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, California state prisons have since March suspended programs including education, vocational training, religious services, visiting, routine medical and dental services, and activities such as veterans group meetings as a form of COVID mitigation. Contact with “the World” has been by mail and phone.

Many of the men in here have not been able to maintain phone contact with family and friends because of the economic impact the pandemic has had on them. Phone calls are a prepaid service that must take a lower priority than food and rent.

It was a blessing to receive the The VVA Veteran Digest (on Christmas Eve). I felt a sense of reconnection to the veteran community, in addition to catching up on VVA business. I felt a sense of gratitude for not being forgotten or left behind by my VVA brothers and sisters.

God bless you all. God bless America.

Stephen Menchaca
San Luis Obispo, California

WE STILL SERVE

I’ve never been prouder to serve with these men for 50 plus years after our war. They are John Hargens USMC, Richard Bergling USN, Bruce Branigan USA, and Dave Bailey USN, just to mention a few from Minnesota. We always stuck together through thick and thin. We always had a great state council that survived a few problems over the years. We were one another’s sounding board for all these years. I, for one, am alive today because of these warriors of the past.

As the past is past and we move on in years, we will always be brothers and will take care of one another to the end. Then we will serve again in Heaven with the Lord. Thank you, God, for bringing these brothers into my life. I love them all. 

Maynard Kaderlik
By Email

printemailshare

-
January/February 2021November/December 2020September/October 2020
July/August 2020May/June 2020March/April 2020
January/February 2020
November/December 2019September/October 2019
July/August 2019May/June 2019March/April 2019
January/February 2019
November/December 2018September/October 2018
July/August 2018May/June 2018March/April 2018
---
-Archives
2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016
| 2014 | 2013 | 2012
| 2010 | 2009 | 2008
| 2006 | 2005 | 2004
| 2002 | 2001 | 2000

----Find us on Facebook-Online Only:Arts of War on the Web
Book in Brief-
-

Ron Aldridge

Basic Training Photo Gallery
Basic Training Photo Gallery
2013 & 2014 APEX® Award Winner

Departments     University of Florida Smathers Libraries  
  - -      

VVA logoThe VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring, MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us

Geoffrey Clifford Mark F. Erickson Chuck Forsman