Vietnam Veterans of America  

The VVA Veteran® Online  
  homepipeAboutpipeArchivepipeSubscribepipeContactpipevva.orgVVA gifFacebookContact    

-
Treasurer’s Report, March/April 2022 -   -  

Charging Forward

When the VVA National Convention delegates adopted the position that our organization intends to exist until the last veteran member is standing, there were sighs of relief. Now the way forward was clear, logical, and keeping with the VVA’s reputation for providing steadfast service and fierce advocacy for military members, veterans, and their families. However, moving the 2021 Convention from July to November and delaying the appointments of chairs and standing committee members until the January Board Meeting presented quite a challenge.

These changes also shortened the usual budget process. Keeping in mind that VVA’s fiscal year is defined by the Constitution as starting on the first day of March and ending the last day of February, the Officers and members of the Finance Committee met the charge with skill and determination to ensure that VVA would have a budget by March 1.

Although the timing challenged the usual rhythm of the budget process, a real team effort went into action. Thanks to the committee leadership, and the can-do attitude of every member, we had a draft budget circulated well before the end of the fiscal year deadline. I am very honored and excited to be working with this dedicated group.

Being new to this position, I know I have a lot to learn about VVA policies and procedures to better serve the organization’s members and staff. I intend to work with the national staff, the Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors to review existing documents for clarity, timeliness, durability, and relevance. The outcome of that review will guide changes, deletions, and additions that need to be made.

I invite VVA members with questions or concerns about any finance issues to contact me. I am available to answer your questions and concerns. I believe VVA has charted a new course for the future and for the legacy of our generation of veterans. I look forward to working with you on this very worthy quest.

printemailshare

-March/April 2022January/February 2022November/December 2021September/October 2021July/August 2021May/June 2021March/April 2021January/February 2021November/December 2020September/October 2020July/August 2020May/June 2020March/April 2020January/February 2020November/December 2019September/October 2019July/August 2019May/June 2019
---
-Archives
2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016
| 2014 | 2013 | 2012
| 2010 | 2009 | 2008
| 2006 | 2005 | 2004
| 2002 | 2001 | 2000

----Find us on Facebook-Online Only:Arts of War on the Web
Book in Brief-
-

Basic Training Photo Gallery
Basic Training Photo Gallery
2013 & 2014 APEX® Award Winner

Departments     University of Florida Smathers Libraries  
  - -      

VVA logoThe VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring, MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us

Geoffrey Clifford Mark F. Erickson Chuck Forsman