The VVA Veteran® Online
HomeAboutArchiveSubscribeContactvva.orgFacebookContact

January/February 2013

Region 9 Report

BY DICK SOUTHERN, DIRECTOR

DICK SOUTHERN, ©Michael KeatingIt was an exciting fourth quarter of 2012. In October I attended the VVA National Board of Directors meeting, the Nevada State Council meeting, and the California State Council meeting. In November I attended the Chapter 887 meeting in Angeles City in the Philippines, received a briefing by the acting VA Regional Office Director in Manila, attended a Chapter 668 meeting in Hagatna, Guam, and took part in the Guam Governor’s Veterans Day ceremonies and the Chapter 668 Veterans Day ceremonies. I also attended the Chapter 858 meeting in Eva Beach, Hawaii. In December I attended the New Mexico State Council meeting.

It is very good to have an excellent working relationship with the state council presidents and our offshore chapters in Region 9. It is a pleasure to travel to meet with them and their members.
In January I attended the Conference of State Council Presidents meeting in Jacksonville, Fla., and the VVA National Board of Directors meeting in Silver Spring, Md.

VVA is now offering Veteran Service Officer Basic Training online. We are looking for veterans who want to help their fellow veterans file claims with the VA. VSOs are needed in every state and territory. If you know someone who fits the description, let us know.

In closing, I encourage you to keep up your recruiting and retention of members in VVA. It is the best time for us to keep adding numbers to our membership totals.

A happy and prosperous New Year to all.

Departments
Also:
Daniel Inouye,
1924-2012
A new flag for
Mid-Michigan Chapter 1047
The VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring. MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us