The VVA Veteran® Online
HomeAboutArchiveSubscribeContactvva.orgFacebookContact

Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America, July/August 2015

Life Membership Special

BY SHARON HOBBS, AVVA PRESIDENT

SHARON HOBBS, AVVA PRESIDENT ©Michael KeatingDuring the months of November and December 2015, AVVA will offer life memberships to new and renewing members at $100 (proof of age not required). If the member is on the time payment plan and has paid $100 or more by November 1, payments will automatically stop and a life membership will be issued. If the member has not paid the minimum of $100, he or she may make a one-time payment of the difference and receive a life membership.

There will be no time payments offered in November or December 2015. Three-year members, regardless of their due dates, may pay $100 for a life membership during this time. Life member gifts will be suspended. Dual members are included, following the above criteria.

NEW SECONDARY PTSD PROGRAM

Secondary PTSD, just like PTSD, went unrecognized and unnamed for many years. Through no fault of the veteran, secondary PTSD has affected spouses and families. AVVA has been working diligently since last March to roll out our new Secondary PTSD Program. Working with Tom Berger and Tom Hall, we feel that we are nearing completion and will begin training trainers very soon. We value all the feedback and enthusiasm shown by AVVA and VVA members. We appreciate your patience and continued support. It won’t be much longer.

It has been a very fruitful and gratifying two years serving as your national president. As I enter my second term, I look forward to working with the new board and committee chairs. I pledge once again to make this a productive and innovative term for the Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America. I appreciate your continued support.

Departments
Also:
Fifty Years Ago: American Troops Land in Santo Domingo Walter Anderson:
Excellent in the Arts
The VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring. MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us