, The VVA Veteran, a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America ,
  Vietnam Veterans of America  

The VVA Veteran® Online  
  homepipeAboutpipeArchivepipeSubscribepipeContactpipevva.orgVVA gifFacebookContact    

-
Treasurer’s Report, September/October 2023 -   -  

A Robust Financial Path

This is my inaugural article as I embark on my sixth two-year term as your National Treasurer. We recently concluded a wonderful and productive Convention in Orlando, where we elected new and revitalized leadership. The delegates collectively decided not to set a date for closing down our beloved organization, opting instead to leave that determination for a later date.

Our leadership and staff have quickly reassured our donors and supporters that VVA continues to operate in alignment with our Founding Principle: “Never Again Will One Generation of Veterans Abandon Another.” And that includes all fellow Vietnam War veterans. We are committed to funding and supporting those who depend on VVA for comradeship, assistance with claims, and the myriad services that come with membership in the organization.

As your National Treasurer, I pledge to be effective, diligent, and transparent in performing all my duties. I’m pleased to report that we are in a very sound financial position, and I will work closely with the staff and Board of Directors to insure that VVA continues to be well managed financially.

I’ll provide reports to the membership, offering adequate data on VVA’s finances, always respecting the confidentiality necessary to protect the corporation. My review of our current financial situation assures me that we are on a robust financial path with revenue exceeding expenses by a significant margin.

The Contracting Policy insures that both the Treasurer and President must approve every contract, enhancing our financial governance. Our new Managing Director, Phillip Waite, is an extremely capable and dedicated addition to our staff, and the four officers form a cohesive group working in your best interests.

I support VVA’s decision to be a “last-member standing” organization and recognize the importance of also being a last-dollar organization. We are firmly committed to acquiring sufficient finances for VVA, allowing us to continue our mission and serve our membership. My fiduciary responsibility always leads me to act in the best interests of VVA’s membership.

I extend my heartfelt thanks for allowing me to serve as your National Treasurer and want you to know that I’m available and responsive to your suggestions and requests. I am here to serve you as National Treasurer. Specific financial data will be provided at our October Board of Directors meeting and in subsequent columns.

printemailshare

-May/June 2022March/April 2022January/February 2022November/December 2021September/October 2021July/August 2021May/June 2021March/April 2021January/February 2021November/December 2020September/October 2020July/August 2020May/June 2020March/April 2020January/February 2020November/December 2019September/October 2019July/August 2019
---
-Archives
2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016
| 2014 | 2013 | 2012
| 2010 | 2009 | 2008
| 2006 | 2005 | 2004
| 2002 | 2001 | 2000

----Find us on Facebook-Online Only:Arts of War on the Web
Book in Brief-
-

Basic Training Photo Gallery
Basic Training Photo Gallery
2013 & 2014 APEX® Award Winner

Departments     University of Florida Smathers Libraries  
  - -      

VVA logoThe VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring, MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us

Geoffrey Clifford Mark F. Erickson Chuck Forsman