The VVA Veteran® Online
HomeAboutArchiveSubscribeContactvva.orgFacebookContact

November/December 2013

Region 9 Report

BY DICK SOUTHERN, DIRECTOR

DICK SOUTHERN, ©Michael KeatingWe have gained chapters in Region 9. California has added Chapter 1081. Utah has added Chapter 1079. I am sure that the other states are gearing up for more chapters, too. Welcome Home to the new chapters.

In August I attended the VVA National Convention in Jacksonville. From all reports and my own experience, this Convention ranked among the best ever. I also attended the New Mexico and California State Council meetings. In October I attended the VVA National Board of Directors meeting and the Nevada State Council meeting, where I presented the chapter charter to Chapter 1079 in Ogden.

I will continue to attend state council meetings throughout Region 9. I enjoy helping them to have a rewarding VVA experience. It is very good to have excellent working relationships with the state council presidents in Region 9. It is a pleasure to travel to meet with them and their members.

We are in the Combined Federal Campaign window of opportunity to get pledges for the Veteran Support Foundation to help fund VVA’s veterans service officers. You can help. Before going to any of the kick-off sites that your local CFC area or group leaders schedule, you first have to find the areas covered by CFC. Go to http://apps.opm.gov/CampaignLocator/maps/Index.cfm and click on your state. Then click on “accessible version.” A listing will come up of different sites with the areas covered in your state. Click on an area to see the CFC leaders’ names and contact information. Email or call the leader nearest the area of operation in your state. We can support your efforts with a display table and brochures.

I encourage you to keep up recruiting and retention of members in VVA. It is the best time for us to keep adding numbers to our membership totals. Have a safe and joyful holiday season.

Departments
Also:
Chapter 32 Honors the Forgotten.Parade Rest
Chapter 32 Honors the Forgotten.
Asheville, North Carolina, Chapter 124Operation Old Flag
Asheville, North Carolina, Chapter 124
The VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring. MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us