Vietnam Veterans of America  

The VVA Veteran® Online  
  homepipeAboutpipeArchivepipeSubscribepipeContactpipevva.orgVVA gifFacebookContact    

-
March/April 2021 -   -  

Locator

Send your Locator and Reunion notices to Locator, The VVA Veteran, 8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Or email veteranlocator@vva.org or mkeating@vva.org

The Locator and Reunion services are provided without charge.

Searching for a photo to add to my collection. I was in Co. A, 3rd Bn., Fort Ord, June-Aug. 1963, but I have no photo of my company. Contact: Robert Cour, outlook_4B5A0334B87F5A35@outlook.com   

Looking for Americans who served in the Rhodesian War. I am a former Rhodesian policeman and a friend of folksinger John Edmond. He was asked for help in making that contact by an American friend, and I am helping him. Contact: Rob Bristow, rob@wt-africa.co.za

Searching for original poetry from veterans and active-duty servicemen and women, their spouses, and dependents. I am George Cuddy, a USMC veteran. I am launching a poetry journal. Deadline for the first issue is May 1. For more information, go to https://tcfffv.org/poetryjournal 

Looking for my brother, William Sanders Stewart, who was a Marine in Vietnam. He has severe PTSD. I have been searching for him for 26 years. My father looked for him all his life. William was born Oct. 5, 1948, and last seen in Baltimore. Contact: Starla Stewart Mills, starlakmills@yahoo.com

Searching for Connie McDonald, a Vietnam veteran. I believe her married name is Burns. She was Executive Secretary for Gen. William Westmoreland. I want to send her a 50-year-old newspaper article that featured her. Contact: Leo Lalonde, leolalonde154@gmail.com

Looking for Sam Bass, E-6, who was aboard the U.S.S. Oriskany (CVA-34). He served as the LPO in the Arresting Gear Div. Contact: Robert Simmonds, orsadoc@gmail.com

Searching for a soldier who served with MACV in Saigon during the Tet Offensive. My mother remembers him as Pvt. Peter H. Stevens. She served as a translator with him. I am a USMC veteran. Contact: Sharon Fox, sharon.fox.ca@hotmail.com

Looking for Rick Lockheart, who served as a Lance Cpl. in Headquarters Co., 9th Marines, Okinawa. He had a friend named Cpt. Luis A. Juarez. Contact: Chris Lowry, mpinfidel@gmail.com

Searching for information about Gerard M. Salter, who served with my brother, Lonnie Michael Holmes in Vietnam in 1967. He was with him when Lonnie was killed by a mortar on June 15, 1967. Last-known address was San Francisco. Contact: Ross Rose, 574-360-4345; rossarose30@yahoo.com

I am looking to contact Tom Smith, USAF, and his friend, Dave Bird, who served in Danang in 1970-71. I met Tom in 1969 when he was vacationing in Athlone, Ireland, with his father and two brothers. I would dearly love to contact Tom again. Contact: Carmel Gilligan, cgilligan58@gmail.com

Looking for Bryan Blake and Phil Ross, Chemical Sec., HHC, 4th Inf. Div. Also Floyd Richardson, door gunner based at Camp Etari. Floyd was my high school student, 1966-67, before we met again in Vietnam. Contact: Trygve Anderson, travel.trygve@hushmail.com

Author writing a novel would like input from Vietnam veterans who served on Firebases in the Central Highlands. Would like details of daily life such as waking, sleeping, LP duty, getting food, helping load and offload Hueys, filling sandbags, and digging. Most of the story takes place in Dac Lak and Kontum provinces in 1971. I want to share what I’ve written so far with veterans and ask for their feedback. Contact: Mike McLaughlin, 617-852-2267; mikemac2728@gmail.com

I am looking to contact Tom Smith, USAF, and his friend, Dave Bird, who served in Danang in 1970-71. I met Tom in 1969 when he was vacationing in Athlone, Ireland, with his father and two brothers. I would dearly love to contact Tom again. Contact: Carmel Gilligan, cgilligan58@gmail.com

printemailshare

-
March/April 2021January/February 2021November/December 2020
September/October 2020July/August 2020May/June 2020
March/April 2020January/February 2020November/December 2019
September/October 2019July/August 2019May/June 2019
March/April 2019January/February 2019November/December 2018
September/October 2018July/August 2018May/June 2018
---
-Archives
2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016
| 2014 | 2013 | 2012
| 2010 | 2009 | 2008
| 2006 | 2005 | 2004
| 2002 | 2001 | 2000

----Find us on Facebook-Online Only:Arts of War on the Web
Book in Brief-
-

Ron Aldridge

Basic Training Photo Gallery
Basic Training Photo Gallery
2013 & 2014 APEX® Award Winner

Departments     University of Florida Smathers Libraries  
  - -      

VVA logoThe VVA Veteran® is a publication of Vietnam Veterans of America. ©All rights reserved.
8719 Colesville Road, Suite 100, Silver Spring, MD 20910 | www.vva.org | contact us

Geoffrey Clifford Mark F. Erickson Chuck Forsman